This painting is about watching over people with mental health issues and making sure that they get looked after properly, making sure that the families are there for them and that they get the right professional help. Supporting people on their homelands and doing cultural activities. Get them sitting down on the ground out in the bush – see the land.
About Mental Health Week October 8-15 2017
The Aim of Mental Health Week is to promote social and emotional wellbeing to the community, encouraging people to maximise their health potential, enhancing the coping capacity of communities, families, individuals and increasing mental health recovery.
Objectives of Mental Health Week:
- Increase mental health literacy in the general population
- Decrease the stigma surrounding mental illness
- Increase help-seeking or preventative behaviours
- Celebrate the achievements of mental health consumers
- Develop public and stakeholder awareness of the range of services available